Do you often find yourself snacking on chips, candy or other unhealthy treats throughout your day? I’ve been there, it’s easy to fall into this trap. What if I told you I have a delicious homemade protein bar to curb your cravings? These bars are so good you’re not going to believe they can be healthy for you. This recipe will have all of your friends, family, and in my case coworkers asking for more. Another great thing about this recipe is it only requires 4 products you can get from almost any grocery store and no baking required. I hope you’re as excited to try these as I am to share them!
- 34 oz. Mixed Nuts
- 1/2 Cup PB2 (Powdered Peanut Butter)
- 5 oz. Reduced Sugar Craisins
- 1/2 Cup Honey
- In a large mixing bowl combine the mixed nuts, PB2, craisins and honey.
- With a spatula, mix the ingredients together thoroughly.
- Cover a baking pan with wax paper.
- Pour mixed ingredients onto the baking pan.
- With a spatula, spread and press the ingredients evenly.
- Place the baking pan in the freezer for 1 hour.
- Remove the baking pan from freezer, cut and enjoy.
It’s important to store these protein bars in the freezer until you’re ready to eat them. If you leave them out or store them in the refrigerator they will not hold together and become extremely messy. I had to learn this hard way.
Do you make your own protein bars or have a protein bar recipe you really like? Please leave a comment below and I would love to check it out. Always looking for new healthy recipes. Now be sure to go check out the Water Jug Fitness YouTube Channel for more healthy recipes. Also, go follow WaterJugFitness on Instagram and Twitter for daily fitness tips.